Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Letter 23 "Completed two of my goals for the mish..." - Los Brilliantes, Guatemala


hello again

 well as i said last week i wasnt gonna have changes and i didnt so i am now going on my FOURTH change in brillantes (about 6 months) and my third with elder galvez.  that is a lot of time in one area.  to be honest with you all i was a little bit upset that i was staying here because i felt ready for the next big adventure but apparently the Lord has more work for me to do here.  so this week was really good and i completed two of my goals for the mish this week.  the two goals were these: baptize in a river and secondly go to the temple.  first of all with the river.  i cannot remember what i told you all last week but the hermanas in our ward had two kids that were going to get baptized but that we couldnt find when they were supposed to be baptized.  so on monday after pday we went there to the river near their house and i baptized one of them and gavlez did the other.  attached are fotos of us hiking to the river and us at the river.  so that was monday and then on tuesday as a zone we went 2 hours north to the temple in xela (or quetzaltenango).  that temple is AMAZING!!!!! it is tiny but is built in a way that when you are inside it feels super huge.  from the perspective of the inside it is the most beautiful temple i have been in.  and wow it was so amazing to return to the temple and feel the spirit there so much stronger than anywhere else on the planet. it reminded me that the temples are houses of the Lord. as i was in the temple i read three of my favorite scriptures - 3 nephi 5:13, isaiah 41:10, and helaman 5:12.  i would encourage you all to read these scriptures.  better yet i will just put them in the email for you hahhahaa. they are in the same order that i put their references.   Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been  called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.  Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.         And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.    so yeah those scriptures are amazing and have really helped me a lot and i know they can help you all too.  so basically after those 2 dope crazy unforgettable days things slowed back down.  we are teaching a lot of people right now and its looking like we are going to have a very good month of November.  mom asked what part of my testimony had grown the most - my testimony has grown the most in these areas: the power of faith, love of God for His children, and the importance of the small things.  i have already expained about the small things in the previous email.  but faith is where i have had the biggest improvement.  a missionary told me that many times we say that faith without works is dead, as it says in the bible ,but he told me that just because we have works doesnt mean that we have faith.  i realized that i really needed to believe that God was going to guide me and that i was going to be able to talk with the spirit and that i would be able to find people.  

well that is about all i have to say for this week;  hope all of you have a great week 

 love 

 
elder meyer
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment